Why a Lobby Sign is a Workhorse for Your Business
According to the American Dictionary, a workhorse is something that performs dependably under heavy or prolonged use. Well there is nothing quite like a lobby sign to work hard over long periods of time, requiring little care, updating or maintenance. It is there every day to support your brand.
Your brand is your reputation. And that reputation is built upon a series of experiences, impressions and interactions a customer or prospective customer has with your company. Whether you consciously choose it or not, everything you do signals something about your company. Here is just a short list of examples:
- Company name
- Website – images, voice, navigation, personality
- Voice, personality, and communication style
- What and how you communicate and share
- Service and/or product experience and support
- What others say about your company
- Location and building
- Interior design, architecture and furniture
- How you greet people
- Lobby or reception area sign
Brands are a lot like people. Think about when you meet someone new. It takes just a quick glance, maybe three seconds, for someone to evaluate you when you meet for the first time. In this short time, the other person forms an opinion about you based on your appearance, your body language, your demeanor, your mannerisms, and how you are dressed. These first impressions can be nearly impossible to reverse or undo, making those first encounters extremely important.
When you put yourself in your customer’s shoes, it is easy to understand how these first impressions set the tone for the possibility of a relationship with your business.
A Lobby Sign is a funny thing. It is an often under-appreciated marketing work horse. Like the first impression when you meet someone new, there is a tremendous opportunity to create that great first impression for a client. Here is a concise list of the ways an effective reception sign can help get a relationship off to a great start:
- It assures us that we are in the right place
- It projects credibility and shows us a company stands behind its name
- It conveys permanance, that a company is here for the long term
- It projects brand characteristics and the type of experience we should expect
- It builds esprit de corps and collective identity among customers, employees and other stakeholders
- It creates an impression, or part of a collective impression, that we carry with us long after we leave the building
- It creates a secret connection with your employees
According to a Harvard Business Review Article, “Your Logo is Not Your Brand” first impressions “can make the difference when a customer is choosing between two brands”
Be mindful of your entry sign purchase. It may be an infrequent purchase – a seemingly necessary thing, that once in place is soon forgotten. But forgotten only because it demand so little from you – the marketer, owner, facilities or property manager. It is a quiet work horse. And when you have it right, you will gain more from your lobby sign that you can ever measure.
Every reception sign is unique - custom designed and fabricated to match your brand, industry and business. To learn more visit our Lobby Signs page to see a variety of sign and material options or our Lobby Sign Portfolio page to see some of our past projects. For information on my branding inside your office, store of facility, check out how to brand your workplace.
Moving to a new location? Interested in upgrading your lobby or reception area with a custom sign? Give us a call today at 206-903-3140 or email answers@RainMakerSigns.com to get started!